7 1 2
A rare opportunity to purchase a substantial, Edwardian home in a highly desirable location close to the village centre and station. This detached seven bedroom property is brought to the market for the first time in over fifty years and retains a wealth of attractive features so typical of the era.
Features include red brickwork, sash windows in large bays with original brass fasteners, decorative fireplaces, large walk-in pantry and cellar. Panelled doors, deep skirting boards, cornicing and picture rails can also be found throughout.
The large, mature south facing garden has lawns to the rear and side with ample parking on the driveway in addition to a detached double garage. This elegant house will appeal to families looking for a spacious home with character in a peaceful location. The property is set in one of Chorleywood's most prestigious roads and offers scope for sympathetic modernisation.
Funds required before the tenancy starts payable to Binks Estate Agents (‘the Agent’)
• Security Deposit - Five weeks’ rent per tenancy where annual rent is under £50,000, or Six weeks’ rent weeks’ where annual rent is over £50,000. This is a refundable deposit to cover damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy. It will be transferred by Binks to the DPS (Deposit Protection Service).
• Rent - The first month’s rent in advance.
Additional funds that may be payable to The Agent during the tenancy
• Payment of up to £50 (inc. VAT) if you want to change the tenancy agreement
• Payment of interest on any late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above Bank of England Base Rate
• Payment for actual costs reasonably incurred by the landlord as a consequence of the loss of keys and security devices by the tenant
• Payment of any unpaid rent and other reasonable costs associated with any early termination of the tenancy
Binks is a member of Propertymark Client Protection scheme (ref number C0003570). It is also a member of The Property Ombudsman (membership number D01094), which is a redress scheme.
You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly