2 2 1
A well-presented two-bedroom front-facing second floor apartment adjoining the Mansion House for easy access to all amenities.
Communal entrance with security code access.
Private front door into;
Wall mounted call monitor system to 24-hour emergency assistance, coved ceiling, smoke alarm, radiator, thermostat control and large walk-in storage cupboard with shelving housing washer/dryer and fuse box. Loft hatch (boarded) with ladder. Panel glazed door into;
SITTING / DINING ROOM: 4.42M X 4.65M (14’6 X 15’3)
A generous size room with a light and airy feel, benefiting from a Juliet balcony with views overlooking the front communal gardens. Net curtains, two feature ceiling lights and down lights, four wall lights, TV/FM and telephone point, coving to ceiling, radiator, air conditioning unit and square archway into;
KITCHEN: 2.90 X 1.84M (9’6 X 6’0)
Modern kitchen with a range of pine eye and base level units with complementary worktops incorporating a stainless steel one-and-a-half-bowl sink and drainer unit. Integrated fridge and freezer, integrated microwave, dishwasher, 4 ring induction hob with extractor above, eye level oven, tiled splash-backs and vinyl floor covering.
BEDROOM ONE: 2.76 X 4.18M (9’1 X 13’8)
Front aspect window with fitted blind, built-in double wardrobe with sliding doors, built-in wardrobes with head height units around bed, single panelled radiator, central ceiling light, two wall lights, emergency pull cord to 24 hour assistance, TV/FM and telephone points and door into;
EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM:
Enclosed fully tiled large corner shower cubicle. Low level WC, wash hand basin with cupboard beneath, mirror with shaver point, radiator, extractor fan, heated towel rail, shelving, emergency pull cord, mirrored vanity cupboard, spotlights and carpeted flooring.
BEDROOM TWO: 2.20M X 3.08M (7’3 X 10’1)
Front aspect window with fitted blind, single radiator, central ceiling light and double built-in wardrobe.
White suite comprising enclosed bath with shower screen, wash hand basin with cupboard beneath, low level WC, fully tiled walls, wall mounted mirror, mirrored vanity cupboard, emergency pull cord to 24-hour assistance, wall mounted extractor fan, heated towel rail, spotlights and carpeted flooring.
Cedars Village, set in 22 acres, is built around the exclusive Grade II listed mansion house which is the focal point of the community, providing facilities which include Victorian conservatory, restaurant, bar, library, snooker room, hobbies room, laundry, convenience store and croquet/putting lawn. All properties are pre-installed for Virgin Media - clients to organise their own media packages.
LEASE DETAILS -
Owners of a Retirement Villages Lease are required to pay an assignment fee on re-sale of the property which is 2.5% (1st year), 5% (2nd year) or 10% (after year 2) of the sales price when the property is re-sold. Please ask the Village Manager for more details and a copy of the financial implications.
Lease: 125 years from 1 Oct 2003
Ground Rent: £250 pa
Service Charge: £6,196.00 pa (Oct 2020 - Sept 2021)
Double Occupancy: £300 pa
Council Tax Band: E £2,271.48 pa (2020 -2021)
For full information on the service charge please contact the Village Manager. The service includes:
- Full on-site professional estate management.
- Upkeep and maintenance to the exterior of buildings and grounds.
- Building insurance.
- Membership of the Country Club, which is exclusively for residents and their guests.
- Provision of a maintenance reserve fund.
- Heating, lighting and energy costs of communal area.
- External window cleaning/decorating
- One hour’s domestic cleaning per week.
- Weekly collection and laundering of bed linen.
- Use of Cedars Village launderette (at cost).
- Emergency call & monitoring system.
- Visiting GP’s surgery in Cedars Village’s own medical centre.
- Facilities include; restaurant, bar, kiosk, guest suites - additional charges apply. Library, snooker table, computer facility and croquet lawn.
Additional care packages can be tailor made on request. Charges apply.
Garages are available to rent or buy, please ask for details.
Viewing strictly by appointment only
You must be 60 years or over to become a purchaser at Cedars Village. Purchase of a Retirement Villages property is subject to an introductory acceptance interview with the Village Manager.
UPDATED - 30-03-2020
Funds required before the tenancy starts payable to Binks Estate Agents (‘the Agent’)
• Security Deposit - Five weeks’ rent per tenancy where annual rent is under £50,000, or Six weeks’ rent weeks’ where annual rent is over £50,000. This is a refundable deposit to cover damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy. It will be transferred by Binks to the DPS (Deposit Protection Service).
• Rent - The first month’s rent in advance.
Additional funds that may be payable to The Agent during the tenancy
• Payment of up to £50 (inc. VAT) if you want to change the tenancy agreement
• Payment of interest on any late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above Bank of England Base Rate
• Payment for actual costs reasonably incurred by the landlord as a consequence of the loss of keys and security devices by the tenant
• Payment of any unpaid rent and other reasonable costs associated with any early termination of the tenancy
Binks is a member of Propertymark Client Protection scheme (ref number C0003570). It is also a member of The Property Ombudsman (membership number D01094), which is a redress scheme.
You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly